Skip to main content

Exposed this summer in Stowe, VT

I recently was accepted to Exposed, an outdoor sculpture exhibit created by the Helen Day Art Center in Stowe, VT. This is a "sketch", well, a photo really, taken from my 2011 exhibit at the Bromfield Gallery in Boston, which will inspire my work for Exposed. I will be creating a new site specific piece for the front window of a coffee shop in the center of town called Black Cap Cafe. The exhibit was juried by 4 young women curators including Lexi Lee Sullivan of the DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Anna Stothart of the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston, Amy Rahn, a local arts writer,  and Kathleen Smith, exhibit coordinator at the New Art Center in Newton, MA.

My piece will be on view in the far left window.
I will be eliciting doodles from willing residents of the town of Stowe during my residency weeks at the Vermont Studio Center this coming March. I will use the doodles to create a three dimensional hanging work featuring the shapes of the doodles that I have collected.

I am so thrilled to be commissioned to create a new piece for this space that will be on view from mid June through October.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New video about my painting process

Thanks to the fabulous Jonathan Barbato at Arlington Cable Media and videographer Samantha Williams-Radecic, I now have an excellent video to show you my working process.

WHACK! Pop up weekend

WHACK!, a pop up exhibit at 49 River St., Beacon Hill, MA, featuring my work as well as my friend Jodi Colella




New work - paper collage, 24" x 24"Stage