Skip to main content

Doodlemania in Stowe - my piece for Exposed

I am thrilled to be participating in the 22nd annual outdoor sculpture exhibition, Exposed, thanks to the Helen Day Art Center in Stowe, Vermont. Yesterday, I installed my  pieces - yes, two!

This piece is created using sticky vinyl and is adhered directly to the 7' x 7' glass window to the left of the front door of the Black Cap Cafe on Rte. 100 in the center of Stowe. This piece is a composition bringing together fragments of tiny doodles that I collected from some of the customers at the Black Cap Cafe during March of 2013. Other doodles were solicited from artists and writers who were residents with me at the Vermont Studio Center in Johnson during that same month. I sent the doodles to my friends at Boston Laser in Haverhill, MA where the images were blown up and cut out of colorful sticky vinyl. A little unnerving to create a piece with only photos and memories of the space to refer to. 





The second piece is made from 3/4" MDF board, laser cut as well, and painted with acrylic. The piece is coated with extra durable oil based urethane to hold up to water and weather, as this piece will be on view through October 15. Red on one side, bright yellow on the other.