Skip to main content

Intuitive Painting - 2nd class

Find a poem or other piece of writing that inspires you. Don't illustrate - instead, allow it to influence you, let it take you on a journey. Think of the mood or atmosphere the poem creates. Think of the colors it makes you see. Start with a color, just let the painting start to happen. Follow your instincts. Stay away from painting "something". Try not using a brush! Visit CreativeEveryday for a view of one of my students' approach, using a poem by Mary Oliver. Thank you Leah! I need to be better about taking photos in class...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Show at Abigail Ogilvy

I am delighted to be participating in this strong show at Abigail Ogilvy, Boston MA. My piece, Plunk, is featured. The show is on view through January 29, 2017.


New video about my painting process

Thanks to the fabulous Jonathan Barbato at Arlington Cable Media and videographer Samantha Williams-Radecic, I now have an excellent video to show you my working process.

WHACK! Pop up weekend

WHACK!, a pop up exhibit at 49 River St., Beacon Hill, MA, featuring my work as well as my friend Jodi Colella