Skip to main content

Painting begins!

Today was my first painting day at Lesley University. Yesterday, I gridded the 10' x 25' wall using a snap line. I outlined the major shapes with pink chalk. I started painting today using acrylic paints. I also brought along a silk screen with random paint spatters to create a texture, since spattering the wall with paint would not work - too unpredictably drippy!

The background shapes were inspired by actual paint spills. I can't wait to go back with the next colors.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Awesome, Adria!
Love reading and seeing the process unfold!

Popular posts from this blog

New video about my painting process

Thanks to the fabulous Jonathan Barbato at Arlington Cable Media and videographer Samantha Williams-Radecic, I now have an excellent video to show you my working process.

New work - paper collage, 24" x 24"Stage

WHACK! Pop up weekend

WHACK!, a pop up exhibit at 49 River St., Beacon Hill, MA, featuring my work as well as my friend Jodi Colella