Skip to main content


During a summer workshop at Art New England in 2006, I made a series of simple inkblots. I drizzled and dropped black india ink onto one half of a sheet of drawing paper, then folded the paper, pressed gently, and opened the sheet to reveal often surprisingly beautiful images. I made about a hundred of these blots and photocopied the 30 most interesting ones onto transparencies. I then projected the images onto large (30" x 40") sheets of printmaking paper (Rives BFK). After carefully painting the shapes with black acrylic paint, I re-painted each inkblot with glue and then covered the glue with black glitter. The resulting grouping is about 8 feet by 8 feet.


Popular posts from this blog

New video about my painting process

Thanks to the fabulous Jonathan Barbato at Arlington Cable Media and videographer Samantha Williams-Radecic, I now have an excellent video to show you my working process.

Salon Show at Abigail Ogilvy

I am delighted to be participating in this strong show at Abigail Ogilvy, Boston MA. My piece, Plunk, is featured. The show is on view through January 29, 2017.

New work - paper collage, 24" x 24"Stage