Skip to main content

Arlington Open Studios


Last weekend, I participated in Arlington Open Studios at the Arlington Center for the Arts - where I work as the Education Director. Although we call it Open Studios, it is really more of an Art Event because 80 artists and craftspeople bring their work to the Center rather than have people come to their actual studios. It works better this way because artists here often have studios in their homes, and there aren't the artist buildings that exist in other parts of the city.
I especially enjoyed the opportunity talk with people who came around to my tables, and watch their reactions to this work I had displayed. Plus, a lot of people who know me as the Ed. Director didn't realize that I am also an artist. It felt good to display this very important side of who I am to my community.