Skip to main content

Home improvement!



Just to explain how the final piece came into being: I prepped the wall, then cut shapes from orange and white sticky vinyl (random colors!) to use as a mask for the yellow paint. (Behr "Disney" yellow!)

When I finished painting yellow, I pulled off the orange vinyl to reveal really nice, clean edged shapes.

After the yellow, I projected the glyph shapes onto the wall and painted them using acrylic. Then I silkscreened, and finally I cut out skinny lines of black sticky vinyl to finish off the piece.

Comments

Wendy said…
I absolutely LOVE this! Wendy

Popular posts from this blog

Salon Show at Abigail Ogilvy

I am delighted to be participating in this strong show at Abigail Ogilvy, Boston MA. My piece, Plunk, is featured. The show is on view through January 29, 2017.


New video about my painting process

Thanks to the fabulous Jonathan Barbato at Arlington Cable Media and videographer Samantha Williams-Radecic, I now have an excellent video to show you my working process.

WHACK! Pop up weekend

WHACK!, a pop up exhibit at 49 River St., Beacon Hill, MA, featuring my work as well as my friend Jodi Colella