Skip to main content

Rara Avis at the Bromfield


I was very pleased with the reaction to my pieces at the Bromfield opening for "Rara Avis" last night - btw, Rara Avis is Latin for "rare bird" or one-of-a -kind. All the artists' in this five person show are exhibiting pieces that are a little off the beaten track of their usual work. It gave me the opportunity to show pieces from my inkblot series that I really loved but don't quite have enough of for a solo show.
This piece, Necklace, is featured in the exhibit. The size is approximately 8 feet by 10 feet, so it is quite large. The images in the bottom necklace strand are covered in black glitter, the top three strands are ink on rice paper. I was happy to note that viewers "got" my references to Rorshach, to the beauty of the images, to the serendipitous nature of an ink spill, and to the way in which the human mind wants to find recognizable images in abstraction.