Skip to main content

Wall of Glyphs


On Sunday, I participated in a portfolio review at a local art association. Artists had the opportunity to show a sampling of their work to curators and gallerists in the Boston area in order to get suggestions and feedback.
One of gallerists I spoke to suggested that I create a wall of my smaller pieces, hung closely together. I experimented with it a little bit this morning - not sure if these are close enough, but I do like the visual buzz from being able to look back and forth at these pieces.
One of the most complimentary things said to me at the portfolio review was that my abstractions speak with a contemporary vocabulary - that is, as opposed to many abstract artists who are still having a dialog with the abstract expressionists of the 1940s and 1950s. I was very pleased to hear that.