Skip to main content

All Tangled Up

I have been lax about blogging lately, but very busy in the studio. That's generally a good thing! It means I think things are going well. Here are images from my newest series, Tangled, which are all done in acrylic on board. They have the velvety look of encaustic painting (paint mixed with or covered with wax) that gives a feeling of depth and softness up close BUT it's NOT encaustic, it's acrylic matte medium in layers and layers over painted layers. The imagery continues to be the drawn mark enlarged and projected onto my painting surface. The series title, Tangled, is expressive of my state of mind lately.



40"x 30", acrylic on board

30" x 20", acrylic on board

40" x 30", acrylic on board

20" x 16", acrylic on board

20" x 16", acrylic on board

20" x 16", acrylic on board

30" x 24", acrylic on board

20" x 16", acrylic on board

20" x 16", acrylic on board

40" x 30", acrylic on board