Skip to main content

Exposed this summer in Stowe, VT

I recently was accepted to Exposed, an outdoor sculpture exhibit created by the Helen Day Art Center in Stowe, VT. This is a "sketch", well, a photo really, taken from my 2011 exhibit at the Bromfield Gallery in Boston, which will inspire my work for Exposed. I will be creating a new site specific piece for the front window of a coffee shop in the center of town called Black Cap Cafe. The exhibit was juried by 4 young women curators including Lexi Lee Sullivan of the DeCordova Sculpture Park and Museum, Anna Stothart of the Institute of Contemporary Art in Boston, Amy Rahn, a local arts writer,  and Kathleen Smith, exhibit coordinator at the New Art Center in Newton, MA.

My piece will be on view in the far left window.
I will be eliciting doodles from willing residents of the town of Stowe during my residency weeks at the Vermont Studio Center this coming March. I will use the doodles to create a three dimensional hanging work featuring the shapes of the doodles that I have collected.

I am so thrilled to be commissioned to create a new piece for this space that will be on view from mid June through October.