Skip to main content

The Other Art Fair

I participated in The Other Art Fair this weekend. What an exhilirating, exhausting experience. I owe so much to my friends and family who helped me out - 4 days of interaction with the public, meeting other artists, and exploring Greenpoint in Brooklyn.

My main reason for doing this fair which is dedicated to individual artists, rather than galleries, was to expand my audience and get my work seen out of Boston. I hoped to connect with arts professionals who might be attending the fair and to get a sense of what these fairs are like. I was very relaxed about selling my work because I chose to bring part of my new paper installation work which I know is not easy to sell. I also did not bring small framed works. It was more important to me to show my latest pieces and to make a strong visual statement. The Other Art Fair staff were absolutely terrific, and I thought that the cost of the booth space was fair. It was all about exposure for me.